Invest International helps Dutch businesses, governments and investors finance and develop impact oriented projects that contribute to the earning capacity of the Dutch economy and achieving the SDGs. In that light, Invest International and TDB signed a 12-year export finance loan program destined for financing the acquisition of Dutch sourced capital goods. The aim of this program is to enable African enterprises to procure Dutch goods and services at attractive funding conditions and loan tenors. The individual loans under the program can serve transactions starting from EUR 3 million.
The earning capacity of Dutch businesses will benefit from more companies exporting, and especially from focusing on exporting high-quality, knowledge-intensive and sustainable products. Growth should mainly come from SMEs.
The program will be used to facilitate commercial activities between Dutch exporters and local importing enterprises active in the region TDB serves. The program aims to support the economic and social development of the region, especially in sectors focusing on medium-sized growth companies.
• Dutch exporters can win new contracts, as buyer will benefit from attractive financing terms.
• Offering financing to local buyers provides payment security for the exporter.
• Direct disbursement of financing to the exporter.
• No repayment risks.
• Support from TDB’s professional export finance team in Nairobi.
• Longer maturities possible.
• Competitive terms and conditions.
Woman selling fruit on a local market in Nairobi, Kenya. Photos: Pixabay.
The countries served by TDB include:
Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Eswatini, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Burundi, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Seychelles, Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, Sudan, and South Sudan.
To be able to qualify for the EFL, in general, the following conditions apply:
• There is a well-developed business plan; testable and detailed, including a clear funding model.
• Positive impact on the SDGs is required; SDGs 8 and 13 are Invest Internationals primary focus.
• Contribution to the Dutch economy; business activities must have a sufficiently strong Dutch content, eligible under the ADSB criteria.
• Involvement of other investors; at least one other investor must participate.
• Compliance with IFC Performance Standards (ESG principles); it must be clear how, as a company, you avoid, minimize or mitigate ESG risks.
To discuss the finance solutions offered by Invest International and in particular explain more about the Export Finance Loan, as Invest International we organize two workshop meetings. Aimed at Dutch exporters and importers active in East Africa and Southern and Kenya in particular.
Are you interested in attending one of these workshops? Then, please sign up via the link below and you will receive more information.Fill in your contact details here